- 1 Top-rated OBD2 Scanners Comparision Chart
- 2 10 Best OBD2 Scanner Reviews of 2020
- 2.1 #1. Autel AL619 Autolink Engine/ABS/SRS auto OBD2 Scanner
- 2.2 #2. FOXWELL NT301 OBD2 Scanner Professional Enhanced
- 2.3 #3. Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT Diagnostic Scan Tool
- 2.4 #4. ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner
- 2.5 #5. Autel Maxisys Elite Diagnostic Tool (Upgraded Version of MS908P Pro)
- 2.6 #6. Actron CP9690 Elite AutoScanner Kit Enhanced OBD I and OBD II Scan Tool
- 2.7 #7. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123
- 2.8 #8. Autel Maxiscan MS609 OBDII/EOBD Scanner
- 2.9 #9. Autel MaxiCOM MK808 OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool
- 2.10 #10. Launch Creader VII+ OBD2 Scanner
- 3 How to Buy a Best OBD2 Scanner
Each and every human in this world has their level of perception to judge or analyze others.
But surely the same thing is pretty much difficult in case of cars and this why the OBD2 scanner came up to get that job done.
But to keep it the way where we won’t have to think of getting rid of it any sooner, the best OBD2 scanner can do more than you can by yourself to keep your favorite four-wheeler tagged to you for a long time.
Top-rated OBD2 Scanners Comparision Chart
10 Best OBD2 Scanner Reviews of 2020
To get a hand on the best of the obd ii scanner, you need to which of them has made it to the top of the list.
So, for making your task a little easier, I have come up with this list of the awesome OBD2 scan tool. Have a glance over them.
The first one on my list is the Autel AL619 Autolink Engine/ABS/SRS auto Scanner.
Along with the efficient and strong look, there are some more quite impressive features in it that have pushed it on the list of top OBD2 scanners.
The first aspect of this scanner that has drawn my attention is it’s ABS/SRS Diagnostic Functions the allows the user for retrieving and clearing codes from the ABS/SRS system of the vehicle.
The best thing about this feature is it renders you the definition of all the codes which are ultimately helpful for diagnosing the problematic areas.
Its OBD2 Diagnostic function lets you the fast-access option that lets you have a prompt diagnosis of the overall system of your vehicle.
Another good thing about this one is its wide vehicle coverage.
You can use it over of the regular brands that you usually see around.
- Capable of retrieving and clearing codes from the ABS/SRS system.
- Effective in diagnosing vehicles from 1996 and newer models.
- Capable of reading & erasing codes.
- Contains function like Live data, Retrieval of I/M Readiness Status.
- Performing AbsSrs is highly convenient with it.
- It is not perfectly effective for models before 1996.
#2. FOXWELL NT301 OBD2 Scanner Professional Enhanced
When a vehicle user mostly focused on an OBD2 scanner being efficient and user-friendly, then don’t which one can be better than the FOXWELL NT301 Professional Enhanced OBD2 Diagnostic Code Reader.
This device is not one of its kind only with the look, but the performance as well.
This 1.05-pound device is capable of rendering you heaver performance as it is capable of reading and erasing DTC which indicates the engine fault codes.
It lets you know of the reasons if the check engine light is popping in your car. It ensures the accuracy in reading and clearing the vehicle error codes.
One of the greatest aspects of this device is its capacity to read & erase which has taken it to a great level of user-friendliness.
Along with it being able to erase and read codes, it renders you the live engine data in the form of a graph or text display.
- Ensures the accurate reading of codes
- It contains a smarter design.
- The usability is on the level of extreme convenience.
- Render engine specific information including engine temperature & fuel trim.
- It is unable to read the ABS
#3. Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT Diagnostic Scan Tool
Everyone prefers to be on a higher level of professionalism and at times so is when it comes to getting an OBD2 Scanner for their car.
In such a case the one I’d like to suggest is the Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT Diagnostic Scan Tool.
This piece of tech has the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and its tablet-like design has given it an extra edge along with the ease of operation.
Moreover, you can connect it by using Bluetooth which gets you the advantage of using from a distance of 33 Meters.
This OBD2 scanner uses the auto vehicle identification number which lets you know of the vehicle’s model, making and year without any effort.
It is capable of diagnosing all vehicle modules and gets you the accurate live data along with the ECU info. It shows up the live data in text and graph.
- It doesn’t have to enter car info in a manual way.
- Its Bluetooth facility lets the user connect remotely.
- Supports diagnostics including advanced level & professional level
- Internet access allows to research on problems and getting updates
- Bluetooth connectivity is not effective when the user is at a distance of more than 33 meters.
#4. ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner
If you are looking for an OBD2 scanner with all in all kinds of features, then I think I have one to suggest to you and that is the ANCEL FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner.
If you ask me to tell you things that this one can’t do, then probably I won’t be able to make the list for so.
All ten OBD2 test modes are supported by this piece of tech. It maintains an extreme level of accuracy is not only listing and reading error codes but also in clearing them.
One of the best things about this scanner is it lets you get the information it gathers from the vehicle through the graph.
Moreover, analysis and comparison of data are highly convenient on this device.
Along with that, it has the Freeze frame feature that lets the user know about a problem when it takes place within the vehicle.
- It can run all system tests as it supports all the OBD2 test modes.
- Easy to use as it contains a well-organized interface.
- Provides suggestions regarding fixing an error code issue.
- It makes it easy to maintain the vehicle all by oneself.
- It doesn’t have the feature to reset the oil light.
#5. Autel Maxisys Elite Diagnostic Tool (Upgraded Version of MS908P Pro)
The Autel Maxisys Elite Diagnostic Tool is one of the highly functional OBD2 scanners you most probably will ever see.
This machine itself has an amazing system coverage for 80+ makes & models and that surely is something impressive.
It has a 4.4.4 KitKat operating system along with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB embedded memory.
It contains the OE-Level functionality that is capable of advanced ECU coding & programming what has also made one of the top contenders on the list of the best.
It also renders the scope of using remote control tech support.
What has made this OBD2 scanner exceptional in comparison to other scanners is its Interactive data logging session.
It enables direct contact with the Autel Support as a part of the troubleshooting.
Its unique ergonomic design has rubberized protection which has made it protected from external hazards.
- It contains top diagnostic methods and renders proper readings.
- Usable for almost every car brand around.
- Works on OEM software.
- Very convenient to use due to easy procedure.
- Supports only English and Spanish Language.
#6. Actron CP9690 Elite AutoScanner Kit Enhanced OBD I and OBD II Scan Tool
If you believe that convenience should be the first priority while getting a scan tool for your car, then the Actron CP9690 Elite AutoScanner is something that belief is worth a shot.
Not only a simple outlook, but it has more effective and convenient features within for running a vehicle diagnosis.
What amazes me about this scanner is its compatibility with all the models from 1996 &newer and also 1994 & 1995 OBD2 Compliant vehicles.
It also has the code connect which includes a database for 26 Million+ verified fixes for the Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
It is capable of reading and displaying MIL status.
It can record live data and play it back for you. Moreover, it can get you the graph of two PIDs at a time and this scanner also gets you the advantageous feature of print to PC.
- Capable of reading and displaying DTC that is pending.
- Renders the advantage of freeze frame data.
- Compatible with vehicles from 1996 and newer models.
- Ensures accurate reading and erasing data.
- If you are looking for something lighter 3.63 pounds, then this one might not be it.
#7. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123
This piece of tech was meant for those who prefer both smartness and look in a gadget.
The LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner CRP123 is one of the top contenders in the fight of the super scanner.
Let’s come on the look part first.
This scanner has an amazingly handy design with a sleek outlook, which has made it more lucrative from that aspect for sure.
If you ask about the performance, then I’ll say that this scanner can ensure accurate testing of Engine, transmission, ABS, etc. and at the same time, it is perfectly efficient in reading and resetting codes.
It has the feature of displaying a data stream graphic that gives you a clear idea about your vehicle’s current condition.
It also stores the dynamic data stream and plays it back whenever need.
Its bigger color screen gets you a better view of the diagnosed data.
- It has wider compatibility that makes it capable of reading all test modes.
- Renders accurate and reliable data on the basis of complete diagnosis.
- It contains an intuitive user interface.
- Having a wider code library makes it easy to detect malfunctions.
- It doesn’t support the models before 2006.
#8. Autel Maxiscan MS609 OBDII/EOBD Scanner
The next one on my list is the Autel Maxiscan MS609 OBDII/EOBD Scanner and there are some strong reasons for it being on my list of great OBD2 scanners.
Once you take a look at its features, you will understand what has pushed it on the list of the best.
This scanner has the feature for turning the MILs off along with the advantageous aspect like ABS testing.
It can diagnose ABS codes of vehicles with a model from 1996 and newer ones.
It has made detecting the reason for Check Engine Light easier.
Moreover, it can get the user the view of freeze frame data. Another great feature of this scanner is it is capable of reading the live PCM datastream.
What has made this one more convenient and efficient as a scanner is its capacity of reading, storing and playing back the live sensor data.
Along with that, you can get the data printed through a PC.
- Determines the reason for Check engine light easily.
- Accurately retrieves vehicle info.
- Can print data using a PC.
- Renders scope to use memory cards for backing up data.
- It can’t be used remotely.
#9. Autel MaxiCOM MK808 OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool
Keeping things easy and simple, surely, is the common expectation of any of the users of modern gadgets.
If you are thinking of getting that in an OBD2 scanner as well, then I don’t know what else to suggest to you but the Autel MaxiCOM MK808 OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool.
Once you access the diagnostic interface, you will get to see features like oil reset, EPB/BMS/SAS/DPF along with the basic TPMS service and that proved as highly effective in maintaining not only the safety of the vehicle but also efficient maintenance.
It is capable of diagnosing the full system of your vehicle along with detecting all the systems, including ABS, SRS, Engine, Brake, transmission, etc.
This scanner is fully functional over the models from 1996 and above. It ensures accurate reading and clearing codes along with the full system diagnosis.
- Displays the live data and gets you the graphical & analog reviews.
- Completely user-friendly with 7” touchscreen along with the sensitive response.
- IMMO function is supported on it.
- It contains Auto VIN technology for detecting make, model and year.
- Some compatibility issues can show up in the case of some foreign cars.
#10. Launch Creader VII+ OBD2 Scanner
If it comes to the best of the OBD2 scanners, the one name you can never underestimate is the name of the LAUNCH and doing no injustice to their previous successful attempts of bringing up the good OBD2 scanner, they have brought the Launch Creader VII+ OBD2 Scanner.
One of the best things about this amazing scanner is that it is capable of covering the standard range of car brands.
If you are thinking about if your car is within the list or not, you can get that information from their website.
Now let’s come to the functional feature part and clearly, like any of the right OBD2 scanners, it can pull and clear codes.
Moreover, it is capable of displaying the live data to the users which helps them to know if the speed & load of the car is currently compatible with its transmission’s output or not.
Like any of the smart scanner, it also has the feature of showing the car’s VIN, CID & CVN.
- Capable of covering most of the vehicles compatible with OBD2 scanners.
- It contains all the OBD2 Functions.
- Extremely easy to use.
- Has a convenient size.0
- Has compatibility issues with some of the models from ’96 to 2000.
How to Buy a Best OBD2 Scanner
From the early 50’s the way of maintaining cars and getting them repaired has gone through a lot of dramatic & interesting changes.
Now have finally reached an era where we can diagnose it and find the problems all by ourselves.
But for that, we are going to need a good OBD2 scanner and finding out the best one is surely something challenging enough.
But aware or conscious about some specific aspect while shopping for one can make it easier for you and this why I come up with this buying guide.
Let’s check out what check-on list you are going to need to maintain while getting your next OBD2 scanner.
Don’t waste your money if it’s not going to work
Software is the first and most important aspect to be considered while getting the scanner because the software is what you will have to run the scanning through.
So, before making your final buying decision about a certain model, make sure that it contains the right software that can render you the kind of performance you are looking for in your next scanning device.
If the scanner lacks the right kind of software, it not only will be a worthless electronic device for you but also a complete waste of money.
So, not to let that happen, make your decision on the basis of proper consideration of this very aspect.
A friend in need is a friend indeed!
Do you really want to make your purchase of the OBD2 scanner one of your best buy?
Then you need to make sure that you’re going to get the required technical support whenever you need it.
When getting the scanner, technical support is surely something among the most crucial aspects.
So, make sure that the one manufacturer you are choosing is going to get you to require support as a part of their customer service whenever you need it.
After all, you are not going to be able to fix everything all by yourself and this is where the company’s customer service can play an effective role.
Make sure that they can keep pace!
Not every shoe is meant to be put on in the same way and that is kind of true for the OBD2 tool as well.
For some of the scanners, you might need to use the laptops and for some, you can just get them connected remotely.
From an overall perspective, it can be said that you will get different kinds of compatibility in OBD2 scanners. So, choose the one you are comfortable with.
Availability of Updates
Not update may cause more trouble than you think!
If you are using a smartphone, then you already know how important updates can be when it comes to new tech-based devices.
So for obvious reasons, updates matter equally for scanners as well.
This is why at the time of choosing an obd ii scanner, you need to keep that in mind if it has required and available updates or not.
No matter whatever you buy, more or less, you will have to think about the numbers that it’s going to cost you. OBD2 scanner, for obvious reason, comes with a price as well.
But that is up to you how much you are going to spend over it. Don’t think of overpaying and to do so compare the feature with the price they are asking for.
If you think or see that the price is not compatible with the feature, then you better not consider it as a suitable option.
When you are the owner of a car, you automatically understand that how important it is to have an OBD2 scanner to keep the four-wheeler right on its top condition.
So, for obvious reasons, for keeping the car in a better shape owning a scanner is something more than essential.
Now it is up to you if you want to stay away from the regular troubles caused by the car by getting the best OBD2 scanner or face it, at times on a regular basis and lose a good amount of money.